The Zeus board is designed, assembled and tested in the UK. Microprocessor controlled and fully CE approved.
- CE, UKCA approved
- Electronic switching between 33.3 rpm and 45 rpm
- Automatic speed sensor calibration.
- Highly accurate and pure sine wave frequency synthesis generated for 50Hz or 67.5Hz controlled to 0.001 Hz
- Internal platter optical platter feedback sensor to lock platter rotation at rock-solid speed. +/- 0.003 rpm. Optical speed sensing automatically compensates for worn belts, pulleys, bearings, motors and stylus drag utilizing PID control.
- Control over motor parameters such as frequencies, phase angle, voltage amplitude via a serial interface. Adjusting these values enables the smoothest motor operation with minimum motor noise and vibration. Values may be written to EEPROM once optimum setup is achieved. The boards will ship with suggested default values but are fully configurable to suit your setup via USB serial connection.
- Super quiet mode – Configurable option to reduce motor drive once the platter is at full speed. This reduces motor vibration and noise still further.
- Configurable Auto rotation on the application of main power
- Configurable low-power auto sleep timer when turntable idle.
- Combined black anodized aluminium switch/OLED display to indicate exact platter rotation speed and WOW.
- Automatic OLED display blanking (1-60 mins)
- Speed change is controlled by holding the power switch for four seconds. (Visual speed change badge and flash provided on OLED).
- Stylus and bearing run-time wear tracking counters
- Fits on the original Linn Valhalla cross brace mounting.
- Ready for Linn Karousel bearing.
- Class A motor drive circuitry.
- Less heat is generated than in the original Valhalla due to redesigned PSU section (no more burned-out resistors).
- Can be installed in Linn Axis – just wire the motor and existing power switch to the Zeus (soldering required).
- Supply 110v-230v 50/60Hz.
- Works with 50Hz and 60Hz synchronous Linn/Premotec/Philips/Airpax 110V motors.
Paul T (verified owner) –
Bought the Zeus to replace an old but still working Valhalla so as to get 45rpm.
Installation was extremely simple and straight forward and took very little time at all.
After running the initial set up which was clearly defined and set out, my LP12 was playing at 33 and 45rpm and showing as such on the digital display to within 3 decimal points – 33.333 and 45.000
On these points alone I would highly reccomend the Zeus.
There are more features available to fine tune and more with the enclosed software too for the more experienced techno/audiophiles and I will investigate these through time but for the simplicity of installation and rapid ability to have 2 speed availability it is already worth every penny.
The service and communication from the company is also second to none.
Thank you Valhalla Electronics for all your help and advice.
David Valentine (verified owner) –
Absolutely delighted with the upgrade to my rather ancient but perfectly performing early Linn LP12 / Grace G707 arm and Pickering cartridge combo. Speed is perfectly controlled at both 33.33 and 45 rpm and is clearly evident when listening – a relatively straightforward DIY proposition at a great price point and a superb service from Valhalla Electronics – what more can you ask?
David Flint (verified owner) –
Bought the Zeus after my 30+ year old Valhalla lost speed stability. It was was very easy to install (I’d never had the base board off my deck) and functioned out of the box exactly as described – it’s rock solid at both 33 and 45 RPM and my deck has never been quieter. I can honestly say I’ve not played as many records in years as I have since I fitted it. As a family we’ve had several visits to local record stores and my daughter is now the proud owner of her first deck (a Rega Planar 3). So thanks Steve, for the advice and a wonderful PSU – definitely an upgrade worth buying.