The external version of the Zeus controller is designed, assembled and tested in the UK. Microprocessor controlled and fully CE approved. The Zeus is housed in an anodized aluminum case and is supplied with a square Linn-style black anodized aluminum switch. The external unit is connected to the Linn motor, Zeus speed sensor, and on-33-45-off switch by means of an umbilical cable and baseboard PCB which fits on a standard Linn cross brace (mounting clips are supplied).
- CE, UKCA approved
- Energy efficient
- Electronic switching between 33.3 rpm and 45 rpm
- Automatic speed sensor calibration.
- Highly accurate and pure sine wave frequency synthesis generated for 50Hz or 67.5Hz controlled to 0.001 Hz
- Internal platter optical platter feedback sensor to lock platter rotation at rock-solid speed. +/- 0.003 rpm. Optical speed sensing automatically compensates for worn belts, pulleys, bearings, motors and stylus drag utilizing PID control.
- Control over motor parameters such as frequencies, phase angle, voltage amplitude via a serial interface. Adjusting these values enables the smoothest motor operation with minimum motor noise and vibration. Values may be written to EEPROM once optimum setup is achieved. The boards will ship with suggested default values but are fully configurable to suit your setup via USB serial connection.
- Super quiet mode – Configurable option to reduce motor drive once the platter is at full speed. This reduces motor vibration and noise still further.
- Configurable Auto rotation on the application of main power
- Configurable low-power auto sleep timer when turntable idle.
- OLED display to indicate exact platter rotation speed and WOW.
- Automatic OLED display blanking (1-60 mins)
- Speed change is controlled by holding the power switch for four seconds. (Visual speed change flash provided).
- A new square on-33-45-off switch, that fits into the LP12 / Axis is provided with Red and Green LED’s. The switch bezel is black anodized aluminum.
- Stylus and bearing run-time wear tracking counters
- Fits on the original Linn Valhalla mounting.
- Ready for Linn Karousel bearing.
- Class A motor drive circuitry.
- Less heat is generated than the original Valhalla due to redesigned PSU section (no more burned-out resistors).
- Can be installed in Linn Axis – just wire the motor and existing power switch to the Zeus (soldering required).
- Supply 110v-230v 50/60Hz.
Thomas (verified owner) –
Good and prompt customer service and support. The product works well and makes me want to play vinyl again. Recommended.